Losing a mobile phone is quite an unpleasant experience. After all, these devices have become a pretty important point in our lives, and where we have stored all kinds of information relevant to us. Even if we have all your data backed up, the need to find it is quite important.
If you are looking for your lost Android mobile, you should know that there are several tools to find it. In fact, some of them even allow us to perform actions remotely, such as disabling it, disabling it, or deleting all our data.
There is a way to find any Android mobile, and it is thanks to Google’s tools. However, some manufacturers (among which we find Samsung and Xiaomi), also offer some tools of their ecosystem that will allow us to look for it.
How to find your lost Android phone with Google
Find my device is an official inbuilt app by Google so that users can search for their lost smartphones. It was originally released in 2013, as part of the Android Device Manager. Little by little, the tool was receiving improvements, such as the ability to delete data, find the device’s live location, and lock the mobile remotely.
However, in 2017 the company decided to give the Android Device Manager a facelift. This time they renamed it Find My Google Device, now forming part of the Google Play Protect service.
Of course, if you want to use it, you’ll need to have this feature turned on on your device. To do this, do the following:
- Enter the Settings menu of your Android mobile.
- Here, look for Google’s options.
- Look for the Security section and enter.
- In this section, go to Find My Device and verify that the feature is turned on. In addition, the location functions of your Android mobile must also be turned on.
Now, you’re all set to start locating your Android device from Google’s tool. You can access Find My Device from the web, or by downloading the app from the Play Store. In either case, here are the steps.
- Go to the Find My Google Device website.
- Here, log in with the account associated with the device.
- When you manage to enter, you will see the terminal in question in the left sidebar.
- Of course, on the map, you can see the location of your Android mobile. With the options on the left, on the other hand, you will be able to perform remote actions.
- Among these actions, we have to play a sound to find it in case it is close to us and silent. You can also lock the device so that it cannot be used without your credentials (although, unfortunately, this option on Android has little merit). And delete all your data from the terminal, although if you do this it will no longer be reachable with Google.
From the Android app
In case you want to find your Android device using another mobile, just go to the Play Store and download the Find My Device app from Google.
- Sign in to the app and sign in with your Google Account.
- The app will ask you for permission to use location services, accept.
- Now, you will be able to see all your associated terminals from the top bar. Select the one you want to locate and you can automatically see its location on the map (or the last known one). Details such as the model of your mobile device, its battery level, and the status of the network also appear.
- If you want, you can execute the actions that appear in the bottom menu. Among them, play a sound, lock, and erase your data.
Other ways to find your lost Android phone
As we told you above, there are some other methods to find your lost Android mobile. For example, we have the case of the customization layers of some companies such as Xiaomi or Samsung, which integrate localization functions natively. So you can take advantage of them.
How to find your Xiaomi mobile
First, you have to turn on the feature on your Xiaomi device. If you do not have it previously activated, you will not be able to find it from the company’s services.
- Enter the Settings app on your mobile.
- Here, go to Xiaomi Cloud.
- Under the Protect Data section, you will find the Find Device option.
- To turn it on, tap Turn on Find Device. For this, you will need to enter your Mi account credentials.
Ready. Now you just have to enter the Xiaomi tracking page, log in with your account details and proceed to search for your mobile.
How to find your Samsung mobile
As with Xiaomi and Find My Google Device, on Samsung terminals you will first have to enable the tracking function to be able to find your device when necessary.
- Go to Settings on your Samsung mobile.
- Here, go to Biometrics and Security.
- Then, go to Find my mobile. To activate this feature you will need to log in with your Samsung account.
- Turn on Remote Unlock and Send My Last Location.
- Ready, you have everything set up.
Now, to be able to find your Samsung mobile at any time, you just have to enter the Find My Mobile website. In it, simply log in and you will be able to see the location of your device and other available options.