We all have a photo, video, or publication that from one moment to another we do not like as much as when we upload it to Instagram. Luckily, there is the option to remove it, and it doesn’t matter what the reason is behind it; We can take advantage of this whenever we want. However, the disadvantage of this option is that we won’t be able to restore it later… In that case, it’s better to archive said publication, since we can then unarchive it if we want it to appear again in our Instagram feed.
But, with all this on top, although many users know that Instagram posts can be archived, strangely there are fewer who know that they can be unarchived since they think that said publication has been deleted or something like that, and the truth is that no. That is why on this occasion we explain how to unarchive Instagram photos as well as any video or reel uploaded on a social network that has been uploaded previously.
So you can easily unarchive Instagram photos
Unarchive Instagram photos are as easy as following a few simple steps that don’t take more than a minute or two to complete. Already, in question, this is the procedure to follow:
- First of all, you have to open Instagram. If for some reason, you have the app downloaded on your mobile, you can download it through this link, which leads to the Play Store. Then you just have to log in with your user account.
- However, the next thing to do is go to our profile. To do this, you have to press on the icon of the profile picture that we have, which is located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Then you have to click on the menu button, which is the one that has behind horizontal lines and is located in the upper right corner of the screen. This will bring up a menu of options from the bottom of the screen.
- The next thing to do is click on “Your Activities” and then click on “Archived”. This will take us to the Post Archive, which is where all of your Instagram archived photos are located. There we can find old photos, as well as other types of publications that we have previously archived.
- To unarchive Instagram photos, you just have to open a photo or image, and then click on the three dots button that is in the upper corner of it.
- To finish, click on “Show on profile”, no more. Already, with this, the photo will have been unarchived instantly.
As a fact to keep in mind, the unarchived photos are restored and displayed again in our Instagram feed with all the likes (Like) and comments that they received at some point. Archiving and un-archiving do not affect the publication in the slightest.
Other Instagram tricks
On the other hand, if what we want is to archive an Instagram photo, what we must do is go to our profile (step 2), then open any photo and click on the three-dot button that is located in the upper corner right of this. Then you have to Click on the “Archive” button. Later, if for some reason we regret it and want it to be shown again on our profile, just follow the steps indicated above.
Likewise, as an extra, if what we want is to delete a photo from Instagram, we must go back to our profile and open one of the photos we have, the one or those that we want to delete one by one. Then we must click on the button of three points already indicated, to later give it in “Remove”. Of course, as we showed at the beginning, if a photo or publication, in general, is deleted from Instagram, it cannot be restored. This is why the archive and to unarchive function exists.
On the other hand, to remove the photos in which we have been tagged from our Instagram, we must go back to our profile section. There you have to click on the button “Labels”, which is to the right of the “Posts” button, which is the square with nine inner squares. In this section, we will find the photos in which we have been tagged by another user. Well, well, if we want them to disappear from our profile, we just have to open them, and then click on the three-dot button. Then you have to click on the “Label Options” button, to choose between the “Remove him from the publication” and “Hide from my profile” options.