Tata is the pride of every Indian. Here are some things you need to know about Tata
To an ordinary person, Tata’s bus and the car are the approximate knowledge about Tata. Moreover, the truth is that there is no other company in history that has contributed so much to India’s progress. The Tata Group is not well-liked by politicians and the media, as it is a basic company policy that will never be used to grow a business through bribery and illicit political dealings.
Here are some things you need to know about Tata.
- They are present in every business from salt but they are not found in businesses like Alcohol & Tobacco. And it will not come.
- Tata’s cable network accounts for more than 24% of the world’s Internet traffic.
- About 66% of the Tata Group’s profits are used for charitable activities (TATA Trust).
- Tata has contributed Rs 1500 crore for Corona’s defense.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), the largest IT company in the country, is the largest IT company in Asia and one of the most valuable IT companies in the world.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is the second-largest employer in India after Indian Railways. More than 5 lakh employees.
- For the first time in India, daycare, maternity leave and provident fund (PF) have been implemented for employees. It was only later that even governments began to implement it.
- It is Tata’s declared policy not to bribe or buy. So that Tata has canceled several contracts due to this.
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), TATA Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), TATA Institute of Social Science (TISS), and many other international standard study centers, hospitals, research centers, and sports centers have been established in the country.
- Tata Global Beverages is the second-largest tea company in the world.
- There are more than 100 companies under the Tata Group.
- Tata Chemicals is the second-largest manufacturer of soda ash in the world.
- TATA Motors is one of the top 10 largest commercial vehicle manufacturers in the world.
- TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) is the second-largest IT service company in the world.
- Tata is the largest integrated corporate company in India (650,000+ employees, operating in over 100 countries).
- Good Thoughts, Good Words, and Good Deeds This is Tata’s motto.
- TATA Power is the largest integrated power company in India.
- The Tata family immigrated to India from Iran in the 19th century.
- JRD Tata was the first Indian businessman to receive the Bharat Ratna.
- If Ratan had transferred the entire assets of the Tata Group to Tata, he would have become the richest man in the world.
- During the First World War, the Tata Group converted the Mumbai Taj Hotel into a 600-bed hospital.
- The world’s first 8-hour workday (1912).
- Tata Aviation Services was started in 1932. Later it became Tata Airlines. When it was handed over to the Government of India, it became the present Air India and now it is in TATA.
- JRD Tata is the first airline in India to fly and obtain a pilot’s license.
- Tata Motors owns luxury car brands Jaguar and Land Rover.
- Tata Hall is the name of a building at Harvard Business School in Boston, USA, which is one of the best business schools in the world.
- Tata Steel has been the recipient of the World’s Most Ethical Company Company (Ethisphere Institute) since 2015 (Under Metals, Minerals and Mining Category).
- Tata was the first company in the world to implement CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Activities. Later the world imitated it and the nations legalized it.
So much to say about Tata. Tata is the pride of every Indian. Truly a Made In India company.